Sunday, May 21, 2017

Goodbyes

This weekend we had many visitors. My sister, her fiancée and my niece and nephew came for the weekend and they left today. My grandma was also in town and was able to see Logan too. It was so hard to see them say goodbye to Logan. All I could think was that they are probably saying goodbye to Logan for the last time. I lost it. My heart was breaking. 

I'm going to miss Logan so much and I know so many other people will too. He's not just my son, he is brother, nephew, grandson, great-grandson, friend, and so much more. He is loved by so many. As people come in and out of our house so many memories are shared, tears are shed, and most of all love surrounds us all. 

It's like Logan is in this bubble of peace right now. He is resting so well. It is rare to see him awake. He still looks as handsome as ever with his soft skin, long lashes, and wild brown hair! When I hold him he feels thinner but when I nestle him in to my cheek it is still my bubba boy there. Somehow amidst all he is going through he can still comfort me. Soon he will be in heaven doing all the things we so wished for him on earth. 

No comments:

Post a Comment