Thursday, March 22, 2012

A chair for Logan

Can I tell you how frustrated I am right now. I got a call yesterday from Logan's therapy saying that his seating assessment that was scheduled in a couple of weeks had to be rescheduled. The next date available was the first week of May. This assessment is to find a stroller/chair that supports Logan appropriately. He is gaining much better head control but is unable to sit independently as of yet. So we meet with the therapists and their special staff member that does the assessment as well as the vendor we choose that will work on ordering the equipment. I am very excited to get this process going and the delay is frustrating. Logan has outgrown his infant car seat...Yay! I can't tell you how exciting this is. He is too heavy to carry in it and his head is about to pop over top of the seat. So, now we wait another month and then it is at least six weeks before we get insurance approval and then the equipment has to be ordered. It is quite the process.

In the meantime I am trying to come up with creative ideas to transport him. I found a great car seat a Babies r Us that will work in the car. As for a stroller I will continue to use the baby stroller we had for Lauren and try and rig up some sort of a head support. He hates the stroller because he is pretty much lying down in it and every time he moves his arms or legs he hits the plastic around him. Somehow I have become a creative parent. I didn't think I had it in me but boy do the ideas come out when you are in a pinch! Visits to the grocery store will be tough. He can't sit in the seat of the cart. I did see a woman at Target yesterday pushing a stroller and a cart. I asked her if it worked well. She said it was great. That way her daughter was comfortable in her seat and she had plenty of room in the cart to fill for her family of five kids (all under the age of six). Yikes, she is an angel! I may have to give it a try. I hate to not be able to include Logan in our everyday routine.

For now, I will try to muster up the patience needed until we can get his special chair!

**This picture was taken last week when the weather was beautiful. I didn't see him smiling but somehow I caught one in a split second during photo taking. I swear he wasn't smiling but then when I was showing Joel the photos I saw it. Small miracles do happen and my angel is a miracle every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment