Sunday, March 18, 2012

GJ Tube change & Mayo Results

Last Friday Logan and I ventured down to Children's Hospital in Minneapolis to get his feeding tube changed. The GI doctors want it changed every three months. So we spent the 45 minute drive for a 10 minute tube change! Logan did well but didn't like being held down. I am glad it was a quick procedure and the staff was great as usual. We even taught the radiologist about the button buddie. It is a little dressing that goes around the site to protect the skin. He had never seen one and thought it was the coolest thing!

The Dr. from Mayo Clinic left me a message last Thursday while I was at work. She said that the second round of skin biopsy tests was normal. She said she is going to call tomorrow to talk with me. I am not sure where we go from here. Does this mean more tests? Should she re-evaluate him? Should we look for another opinion? I have no clue. I would like some answers but they may never come or may not come for a long time. In the mean time we will keep praying for his health and happiness. He has been doing great. He is so close to cracking a smile and he is getting more verbal every day in his own little language!

No comments:

Post a Comment