Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Surgery update



Logan went in for surgery to remove and tie off some of his saliva glands at 11am. Just talked to Dr. S. Logan's surgery went well. We can plan on a few days in the hospital. No complications and he said we should know if the surgery helps decrease his secretions in a day or so. Logan is on his way down to MRI at this time and we should see him some time after 3pm.

Thank you to all of his supporters. These are always tough days for him and even harder on Joel and I. He gets to sleep for it while sit and wait! I say that selfishly but know that when he wakes up, he will be in pain with an IV in his arm and stitches in his mouth. 

Children's Hospital here in Minneapolis always does such a great job and we are so thankful for their dedication to our child.

I have seen some familiar faces today and the anesthesiologist even remembered us. Not sure if that is a good thing! At least they don't run when we come near. Hopefully this will be our last hospital visit for a while. I keep hearing how impressed people are that Logan has remained so healthy since his tracheostomy.

I can't wait to see my baby boy soon. I know he will give me stink eye as I am sure he will be mad at what we did to him. There are a lot of cuddles to be had in the next couple of days! 

No comments:

Post a Comment