Saturday, December 20, 2014

Neuro Appt




Logan had a regular neurology appointment last week. I knew it would be a tough appointment. Logan has had some changes that needed discussing. He is having a newer type of seizure activity and decline in movement and interest in activities. The neurologist quickly decided he wants an EEG and MRI. Logan had an EEG last spring that was for 12 hours overnight. This time its 8 hours during the day instead. Doesn't that sound exciting! 

So on monday, he has a pre-op physical for the MRI. Tuesday is the EEG. Friday is the MRI. He will go under general anesthsia for the MRI. I was hoping light sedation would be ok but his neurologist wants him completely under. They will draw labs at the same time. The neurologist wants to check his liver, thyroid, and blood counts to make sure nothing has changed. 

I am looking forward to finding out if he is having new seizures so we can treat them. It is miserable watching hiim have seizures off and on all throughout the day. The MRI on the other hand is a double edged sword. I want to know if he is having more changes to his brain to know if the degeneration is worsening. But then I don't want to know because it may confirm that fact which means things are progressing in a bad way. Yuck. This is no fun. I know it is Christmas week but they had the appointments open so we went with it. Might as well get it over with while Joel is off work. 

Christmas is almost here and we are just about ready. A few more cookies to bake, some stocking stuffers to buy, and presents to wrap. Hoping I am productive tomorrow. Logan and Lauren saw Santa last weekend. We went to a local hotel to see him. We had breakfast with Santa last year and it went so well we went back. It is much easier than waiting in line at the mall. They also accept donations for toys for tots and give wrist bands to the water park in exchange. Lauren will enjoy using the wrist bands as she just finished her second round of swim lessons. It is amazing how far she has come since September. I am hoping she will want to continue as she really seems to enjoy it. Logan was great with Santa. He sat on his lap too. The environment was perfect for Logan. Not too loud or busy. We spent some time sitting at the craft table with another family. The other kids were so sweet and gave Logan their projects. 

I will keep the blog updated when we have results of his tests. It will be a bit of a stressful week! If I don't blog before the big day, Merry Christmas everyone. I hope you all enjoy a few moments of holiday bliss and love and receive the benefits of holiday giving. I know I had a wonderful suprise in line at Starbucks this week when someone paid for my drink! It made my day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment