Sunday, December 7, 2014

December

Happy December! It's amazing how fast the holidays are approaching! Logan is well. He was sick about two weeks ago with some sort of a virus. He had a fever and respiratory issues. We ended up putting him on steroids and antibiotics to help him through. It was a rough one. Even after the illness was gone he was still having problems with agitation and wheezing. This one just took a little longer than usual. Thankfully no hospital visits were needed. We are so fortunate to have a great team at the pulmonologists office.

Now Logan is back to school. We are back into a routine. Unfortuately Logan's bed broke on Friday. The company we bought it from came to look at it on Friday and had no clue how to fix it. I am pretty disappointed as he has had to sleep on his mat in the living room. The position his bed is in does not work for sleeping. I can't find any sort of manual way to move the bed. I am suprised. I would have thought there would have to be a way to lower the bed in an emergency. Hopefully they can fix it first thing this week. It's called a sleep safe bed. If anyone knows how to fix it, please send a comment.

On another note, we are pretty convinced Logan is having more seizures. These are differrent from his big full body seizures. He has them constantly throughout the day. They used to seem more like agitation or frustration from oral secretions. His body tenses up, his arms and legs move into a rigid posture and his head turns to the side. Then the secretions start. We have noticed his heart rate increases and his breathing changes during these episodes. I am going to call neurology this week and see if he needs a blood draw to check his seizure medication levels. I am also wondering if the neurologist would want another EEG to see if we are right. We have an appointment with the neurologist in two weeks but I just can't wait any longer. The episodes wipe him out and I'm sure they are distressing to him.  

Other than that we are all doing well. We plan to visit Santa this coming weekend. Every year he comes to the Holiday Inn in our town for breakfast. It is cheap and easy for us to do with Logan. We don't have to wait in long lines at a mall. We get to go at our own pace. I'm also pretty excited for Logan to open his presents this year. I found a couple really good presents this year. The last two years have been difficult for finding presents but this year I'm on my game. I'm even almost done with shopping. I don't know how that happened. Normally I'm scrambling at the last minute. Now on to making a few batches of cookies. Have a great night.

1 comment:

  1. Hey i hope christmas will cheer him up I'm sorry he still gets seisures my ten year olds had them sense he was two years old i say he's growing out of his medicense but doctors don't want to listen so what can i do but you should get logans bed fixed like know not wait any longer cause that might be why he's haveing seisures or the change of what he does can bring them on too i hope you all have a great christmas and new year

    ReplyDelete