Sunday, November 3, 2013

Halloween 2013






Halloween 2013: 

We had a decent Halloween. It was a little chilly but we were able to get Logan out trick or treating without having to cover his costume with a jacket. I made it to a couple houses with the kids. Lauren had a major melt down at the third house and at that point I was ready to be done. Logan's wheelchair was a pain to get over the curbs and up driveways. Once we got to each house he had to wait back away from the doors as he couldn't get up the stairs. 

There are times where Logan's experience is modified in a way that ticks me off. I can control a lot of experiences he has but this was not one of them. So instead of being okay with it, I got mad. I was on the verge of tears and fuming mad. I want him to have as many "normal" opportunities as possible but when they don't go well, I start to think it is easier to just not participate. But that's not fair for Logan and who am I to say that he didn't enjoy trick or treating. So finally our cue to go home came in the form of rain! Hallelujah for mommy! 

We returned home and Lauren and Joel continued the hunt for candy. Logan assumed the job of welcoming committee as I handed out candy. He seemed much more content in this role and I was much more relaxed. All in all we survived. I wished we had a better experience but that is the mom in me. Nothing is ever good enough! 

On another note, tomorrow marks one year since Logan's big febrile seizure that landed him in the hospital for over 40 days.  I spent a few minutes today reading my blog posts from those first few days. It was hard to read and I couldn't help but cry. The emotions feel so fresh. I will save my thoughts for a post tomorrow. Until then...



No comments:

Post a Comment