Monday, November 25, 2013

Where has the time gone!

Wow, where did the time go. This blogger fell off the radar! 

To be honest, life is great. Life is also busy, but what's new. I can't believe this week is thanksgiving. So much to be thankful for. I was talking to one of the chaplains at work on Friday and thought, one year ago, almost to the day, Logan had his trach surgery. November 20th was the day. 

I remember that day so vividly. I could sit and write every detail down like it was yesterday. I had so much confidence in Logan and his doctors on that day. I just knew we made the right choice. And fast forward to today, it was the best thing we could have done. 

The one memory of that day I really want to share was seeing Logan's face for the first time. Prior to that, he had a breathing tube in his mouth with all sorts of tape wrapped around it and plastered to his face. To see his darling face again was a gift from god. His skin so soft and kissable. His little lips puckered up like only Logan can do when he is sleeping. 

And from that day on, life continued to move in a positive direction. Logan is healthy and content. He has toddler moments from time to time, but all in all is an amazing young man. And this year, we are all home for thanksgiving! Whoo hoo! 

This is the most recent photo I have! I am working full time these days so the mommy photographer has been on hiatus! He loves his Thomas the Train pillow! 


No comments:

Post a Comment