Sunday, August 26, 2012

Sunday

We had yet another great day as a family. Logan ventured out with Joel, Lauren, our friend Joe and I to lunch at Perkins. He received a lot of smiles from many people at the restaurant. How could he not, he is so darn cute! I am still trying to get used to people staring at us/him. I am sure they all wonder why this little boy has a feeding tube and oxygen. I wish I had a shirt that said "I have no clue what is wrong with my kid, but isn't he handsome!". He had a little blowout so a trip to the bathroom was in order. It is always a challenge to change him on a diaper changing station. First of all he hates it, he wiggles and whimpers the whole time. Second of all, I can't stop thinking about all the germs on the thing! We survived the bathroom trip and enjoyed the rest of the meal.

Then it was off to Menards to look at flooring. We are going to put in laminate wood flooring. Our carpet has seen better days and with the wear and tear laminate seems to make more sense. We had Logan in the stroller, I can't wait for his wheelchair. The stroller is great but just doesn't give him the right support. I was a little (okay quite a bit) ticked off at the entry gate at the store. I have never liked it. It is one of those metal turn things that only lets one person in at a time. How about people with strollers or wheelchairs? Those people have to figure out how to unlatch the gate to get through. It was not so inviting. I told Joel, I need to write them a letter! He gave me a hard time like a good husband does and brought me back to reality! (I still want to write them a letter) This trip was also successful, at least for Logan and Lauren. On the flooring front, not so successful. My dad taught us a trick to scratch the samples to make sure they stand up to wear and tear. After our scratch-a-thon we only found two samples. The one we wanted, scratched like no bodies business. Bummer! I will have to check Home Depot.

Next trip was to Coborns for groceries. Yet another great trip. Logan in the stroller and Lauren in the car mobile cart. Logan slept the entire time! I was a little nervous that his oxygen might not last the entire time but it did. No other major incidents. Wheew!

We then arrived home and our poor chocolate lab Molly was in for a treat. A bath in the pool! Okay, this isn't her definition of a good time. She had quite the pout face on the entire time. She has been itching like crazy and we figure it is a case of allergies. She does this every year. Afterwards I medicated her with benadryl and all was well.
Molly's bath!
 
 
Here are some more photos taken in the last couple of days
 
Our photographer Lauren, took this photo. She is getting pretty good with a camera! Watch out cousin Jessica!
 
Logan has been enjoying cuddling with blankets lately. I am sure his cousin Ty would like the photos of Logan cuddling his puppy. They both have the same puppy and Ty always shares his puppy with Logan when we visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment