Monday, August 20, 2012

We will miss Kim

Kim, our summertime nanny/PCA came to say goodbye today. She is going off to grad school at the University of Wisconsin to become a speech language pathologist. We are so happy for her, but will miss her very much. She will always have a special place in our family. Kim was so patient and was always willing to learn new tasks. She was persistent and successful with Logan's therapies. We saw many gains in his skills after she worked with him. Thank you Kim for making such a positive impact on our lives in such a short period of time. We will miss you!

So now I dry up the tears! On the Logan front, he is doing well. He had a great weekend with Lauren and Dad. I had to work. Today his oxygen levels were all over the place. I have a feeling this is going to be his baseline for now. He isn't sick, just has a lot of secretions. We are starting to settle into his new routine now that he is on oxygen. I am hoping to get him out of the house this week. I am sure he needs a change of scenery.

Lauren had her per-kindergarten screening last week. She did great. I was so proud of her. I thought she was going to be shy but she walked right in and did everything they asked. She will have to have her hearing and vision screen again at her 4 year check up. She didn't pass. Not sure if it was nerves or true issues. We will give her another try and go from there. I don't think she has any major issues but maybe it is something that will need to be monitored. We will see! As Joel and I always say, "it is what it is!". Lauren will start preschool in September and we will celebrate her 4th birthday as well. Logan's 2nd birthday is coming up in October. They are growing up so fast! That is all for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment