Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Winter Funk





This momma is in a funk.

 The winter lull has hit. My tank is empty and any bit of motivation seems to have fled. This seems to happen every winter as I am sure it affects many other people too. I didn't realize I was feeling so blue until I mentioned to one of Logan's nurses that I was in a funk. For the past week I just couldn't figure out why I wanted to sleep all the time. My house is a mess. I am behind on a big list of to do's. And I feel like crud. I come home from work drained and exhausted. I wake up with no interest in accomplishing tasks.

So now I know it is the winter funk! So now what to do? I think I will embrace it and take the extra time to snuggle my kiddos. Enjoy a glass of wine from time to time and let things go. This funk may be the universe telling me to slow down. Okay, alright! I am sure it won't last long. 

So cheers to the winter funk. Hopefully this means spring is around the corner!




No comments:

Post a Comment