Friday, June 8, 2012

Lumbar Puncture Results

I got a call from the neurologists office the other day. His lumbar puncture (spinal tap) results are back. They said everything was normal other than two neurotransmitters that came back with low levels. The levels are just below the normal range so they didn't want us to be alarmed. They are going to run some more tests on the spinal fluid to see if the results were of significance. Apparently the tests are being run in a lab in Georgia! They are not sure how long it would take. The name of the neurotransmitters are tetrahydrobiopterin and neopterin. Unfortunately it was not the neurologist I spoke to so details are vague. I am pretty used this at this point and can only shake my head. It isn't worth it to me to demand to speak with the neurologist. It just isn't a battle I want to pursue. These results may just be another false lead so for now I will muster up the patience and wait. I have done the notorious google searching regarding these lab tests and I will forever keep researching as we pursue answers but this time I don't feel as determined for answers. We have been down this road enough! In the meantime Logan sees genetics on Monday. Maybe they can shed some light on the results. I am very curious if the geneticist will agree with the path we are on or recommend some other test? We shall see!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article Lot's of information to Read...Great Man Keep Posting and update to People..Thanks Click here

    ReplyDelete