Friday, June 1, 2012

Update on results

I got a call from the pulmonologists office today. His cultures that were taken from the fluid in his lungs came back growing many organisms. They said if he was ill right now they would treat with antibiotics based on the results but because he is well they will hold off. No reason to give him something he doesn't need. I think we knew his cultures would come back nasty. It is amazing how his body can tolerate and compensate for it all! He is such a fighter. The doctor's office also told me Logan's lumbar puncture results were back and recommended I call his neurologist to get the interpretation of the results. Obviously I didn't push them to tell me since it isn't their specialty! I called the neurologists office and they didn't have the results but would get them from Children's and have the doctor follow up with me Monday as he is not in the office today. I hope I can keep my mind off of it for the weekend. We are pretty used to this stuff.

Logan has had a great week. We now have Kim, Logan's personal care attendant (newest girlfriend) to take care of him. We had to pull him from daycare to keep him away from as much exposure to germs as possible. It was hard to do as we love Debbie and she is truly Logan's second mom! Kim is a great addition to Logan's team!

Otherwise all is well with Logan. We hope to have him out in his wagon this weekend lounging in the yard. He is starting to tolerate the wind. I am going to have to look for a little portable fan for him because he doesn't tolerate the heat very well. If anyone has seen a battery operated fan around give me a holler!

Enjoy the weekend everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment