Tuesday, November 13, 2012

More of the same

Today was more of the same. Watching, waiting, troubleshooting. It sounds so boring! To me that means we had a good day. Last night was full of events...arterial line and nitric oxide so a benign day is deserved!

Today there were a couple of blips on the radar but nothing to really worry about. The doctors and nurses worked to wean down his ventilator settings. He had a couple of medication changes and a sedation vacation (meds are shut off until Logan starts to wake up). This is done to do neurological checks, to see that he moves his arms and legs and that his pupils are reacting.

Logan had a few visitors today that also kept Mommy busy. Daddy stopped by after work but still was not feeling well and went home for more rest. Tonight I write this blogpost from a room at The Ronald McDonald House within the hospital. It is just like a hotel room! I didn't realize how loud all the machines in Logan's room were. Staying in here is a little respite from the chaos of the PICU while remaining in walking distance to Logan's room. It is so hard to leave him, but is healthy for me. I am thankful to all the people that recommended I do this.

All in all, my kiddo is still sick but we are coping. We are making the best of this situation and couldn't do it without the support of Team Logan! As for tomorrow, we don't know what it will bring but I am sure my first question will be, "how was his chest X-ray?". So tomorrow I will let you know. In the meantime I may turn my attention to the TV. Suddenly I am hearing Justin Bieber and his girlfriend broke up. Oh boy, I am really out of the loop!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment